Sunday, June 26, 2011

Life moves so fast. Some days I find myself longing for a few minutes of peace and quiet. If it's too quiet, I turn on music or a movie to have some background noise. In the last 6 months I have been witness to some of the most amazing sunsets. If I had a camera, I would have stopped right there on the side of the highway and taken pictures. My husband pointed out that I have an iPhone and it takes decent pictures so why didn't I just use it? Why didn't I?
There is something to be said for holding a camera in your hands, snapping some shots, and then waiting for the pictures to be developed to see 'how you did'. The instant gratification of the modern life wears me down sometimes. Convenience has made us desire instant gratification...but what about the times when you want life to slow down? And how do you appreciate it when you get it?

When I get what I want, am I truly happy? Sometimes I feel like I don't really know what I want. I mean, I have a bucket list of things I'd like to do someday when the kids are gone, or when I've lost weight, or we have more money or...

I find myself asking what it is I truly want. What do I want to be said about me when I pass from this life? What do I want from myself? What do I want from others? I don't always know the answer. Do I have to know it?

No comments:

Post a Comment